Front End Developer
Beauceron is a fast-growing cybersecurity start-up based out of Fredericton, New Brunswick. Our aim is to turn our clients' current greatest source of vulnerabilities – people, process and culture – into their greatest security asset, allowing them to become more resilient in the face of growing online threats. To do that, we've developed an innovative approach to measuring, managing and monitoring cyber risk.
With a small, passionate team and a fast-paced environment, you will be able to see the impact of your work everyday.
Reporting to the Chief Technology Officer, the Front End Developer is responsible for the development and implementation of User Interface elements in the Beauceron cloud-based Software as a Service. This individual must be able to work closely with other team members in an agile development environment to build functional interface elements, based on requirements set out by designers and architects.
Role and RESPONSIBILITIES
You’ll be a key member of our team, and will help Beauceron develop innovative new features and functionality as well as providing support to our growing customer base.
Build functional User Interface elements using industry best practices.
Work closely with designers and back end developers to build product features.
Find innovative ways to improve interface architecture.
Provide support for our customers as needed.
Knowledge and Experience
- University degree, Community College or Private College Diploma.
- Relevant industry experience would be considered an asset.
- Thorough understanding of the current state of web technology and best practices.
- Knowledge of web accessibility standards such as ARIA for use with screen readers.
- Proficiency for Design would be considered an asset.
- Strong knowledge of frameworks/libraries such as jQuery and Bootstrap.
- Experience with AJAX and REST APIs.
- Knowledge of PHP or other server-side programming languages would be an asset.
- Experience with source code control systems such as Git.
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies.
- Understanding of Quality Assurance best practices and technologies.
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Stock Options
- Flexible hours
- Health/Dental benefits
- Training and Development Opportunities
- Office located in the heart of downtown Fredericton and close to great restaurants, cafes and a beautiful riverside trail.
Be part of an experienced, energetic team working on a rapid, agile development schedule. Help shape the future of the product – you’ll be more than just another cog in the machine.
If you’re looking to work with a talented group of professionals, in a rewarding work environment, at a fast-growing company with the opportunity to have a real impact, we want to hear from you!
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with:
· a PDF of your resume or link to a complete LinkedIn Profile.
· a link to your portfolio/GitHub/etc where we can see some of the work you’ve done.